For many patients dentistry creates a high level of anxiety and causes them to delay dental treatment or only go when they are in pain. At Kennedy Dental, we know this only causes more anxiety and significant increase in the cost of the needed treatment. We understand the need for sedation and how our patients benefit from a relaxing and efficient dental visit. Most patients will experience an amnesic effect from the sedation medications.
The patient will have very little if any memory of the dental appointment! During the appointment the patient is totally relaxed and comfortable but able to respond to the dental team. When the appointment is completed you may be a little drowsy, so you will need a responsible companion to drive you home and stay will you until you are completely recovered.
Reasons to consider sedation dentistry:
- Experience anxiety for MILD to SEVERE towards dentistry causing you to avoid needed dental care.
- Have a history of past dental appointments that you where you had trouble getting numb.
- Have a sensitive “gag” reflex making dental appointments difficult.
- Are embarrassed by your smile but unable to schedule due to fear.
- Are concerned about the number of visits and time it will take.
Many patients can have their needed dentistry completed in a less than half the time and number of visits with sedation dentistry. Best of all you will be totally comfortable and relaxed throughout your time with us.