Welcome to Kennedy Dental! Dr. Gerald Kennedy and his team are grateful that you have chosen us as your trusted source for excellence in dental care and service in Portland, Oregon. Our friendly and highly experienced dental team is ready for you.
What to Expect
As a new patient at Kennedy Dental, you might be wondering what your first visit will involve. Our goal is to put you at ease every step of the way and make your time with us as convenient and comfortable.
Your first appointment will be a committed time to address your concerns, gather data (medical and dental history review, digital x-rays, cavity and gum disease risk assessment, intraoral photos), and complete a thorough examination. We include an oral cancer screening and a head and neck extra-oral examination. We are committed to not only your oral health but to your overall health and wellbeing. For patients that desire more time to discuss their individual goals such as Cosmetic Dentistry, Implants, Sedation for Anxiety or any other complex treatment we offer a second complimentary examination.
We recommend to come in 15 minutes early for any questions your may have for our team and to allow time to fill out and necessary forms that may be needed.
Your dental health will be evaluated and your risks for dental disease will be assessed in four different categories:
- Gum and Bone: We examine gum tissue, complete gum tissue measurements, evaluated for gum inflammation (gingivitis) and/or bone loss (gum disease). We will assess your risk for gingivitis and/or periodontal (gum) disease and discuss ways to reduce risks and improve your long term outcome. We believe you should be given every option to keep and maintain your teeth a lifetime.
- Tooth Structure: We examine for structural damage to your teeth such as cavities, fractures, broken fillings, and other compromises in the actual structure of each tooth. We will assess your risk for structural damage and discuss ways to reduce risks.
- Bite and Jaw Joint: We examine how your teeth bite together and how that bite relates to any jaw joint problems. We evaluate tooth wear patterns, joint pain, and problems related to an uneven bite. We will assess your risk for TMJ disorders and bite problems and discuss ways to reduce risks.
- Smile Characteristics: Lastly, we can discuss ways to enhance your smile! Our office offers the full range of treatments to improve the smile from whitening, ceramic veneers, improving a “gummy smile” and cosmetic reshaping and bonding.
- Root Canals
- Sedation Dentistry
- Extractions (Wisdom Teeth)
- Bone Grafting
- Soft Tissue Grafting
- Cosmetic Dentures (Traditional and Implant Supported)
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic Enhancements
- Preventive Care
- Dental Exams & Cleanings
Our commitment to service and quality what positioned us as one of the most sought after dental centers in Portland, Oregon. We serve mainly our local community and the Portland metro area. We are proud to have patients come from as far away as Seattle, Arizona and Hawaii to receive dental care from Dr. Kennedy. Learn more about the many dental services we provide and how they can improve your long-term dental health, including: